The editorial mission of Pleuralmesothelioma.com is simple: Deliver the most accurate information about pleural mesothelioma, its diagnosis and treatments. Pleuralmesothelioma.com is your best mesothelioma resource.
Pleuralmesothelioma.com offers you well-researched information from oncologists and reliable medical journals. However, Pleuralmesothelioma.com should not replace professional health care or medical advice.
If you have questions about your diagnosis, treatments, and overall health and well-being, always consult a doctor or another qualified health care provider. Never delay asking for medical advice because of something you read on Pleuralmesothelioma.com.
The original content created on Pleuralmesothelioma.com is based on the following criteria:
The information Pleuralmesothelioma.com publishes is based on the issues affecting your and your family’s health.
- Useful information about pleural mesothelioma
- Treatment options
- Information about asbestos and exposure
- Top pleural mesothelioma doctors
- Impact of pleural mesothelioma among veterans
Reputable Medical and Scientific Sources
- The Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- Molecular and Clinical Oncology
- Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases
- Lung Cancer: Targets and Therapy
- Journal of Thoracic Oncology
Our writer is a medical doctor who stays updated on the medical and scientific research that pertains to mesothelioma. She is experienced in analyzing medical journals and conveying that information to readers in an authoritative but easy-to-understand manner.
Our Standards at Pleuralmesothelioma.com
Pleuralmesothelioma.com uses the following standards to maintain trust with our readers and the medical and scientific community.
However, these recommended practices do not apply to every situation.
Pleuralmesothelioma.com does not use words, photos or illustrations of others without their permission or attribution. Pleuralmesothelioma.com does not make up quotes, sources or information and represent it as statements of fact. Pleuralmesothelioma.com does not manipulate images beyond color and tone adjustments.
All content on Pleuralmesothelioma.com is clearly marked as an informational or reference webpage. The author and medical reviewer of each website page are identified at the bottom of the page.
- Not altering direct quotes, except to correct grammar or slang.
- All information and quotes from other organizations or journals are attributed to the original source.
- Each page identifies the author.
- A web page’s sources appear at the bottom of pages requiring them.
- There is no manipulation of images, except for small color and tone adjustments.
The Research, Writing and Editing Process
The Pleuralmesothelioma.com writer generates the idea, researches the subject matter in a variety of peer-reviewed scientific and medical journals, reputable news organizations, government health-related databases, and consults with doctors and researchers for their professional perspectives.
A medical reviewer evaluates the content for accuracy, relevancy, appropriate medical language, grammar and readability.
Process for Medically Reviewing Content on Pleuralmesothelioma.com
Oncologists and other health professionals partner with Pleuralmesothelioma.com and review our content for medical accuracy. The Physicians’ Review Network Inc., a nationally recognized leader in providing independent medical reviews through its network of specialists, also partners with Pleuralmesothelioma.com.
- Are current standards of care reflected in our references to pleural mesothelioma treatment?
- Are we providing medically accurate information?
- Should our content be rewritten because it is too outdated or inaccurate?
- Will a layperson who is not familiar with medical terminology understand the content?
- Are statistics current?
- Are sources appropriate?
- Is the grammar correct?
- Are there typos?
Plueralmesothelioma.com identifies pages reviewed by a medical professional with the reviewer’s name and short bio at the bottom of the page.
Accountability & Corrections
Pleuralmesothelioma.com understands there is an ethical responsibility to fix all factual errors, misrepresentations and ambiguous language.
All factual errors will be corrected on Pleuralmesothelioma.com when identified by a writer or website user. If you identify a possible inaccuracy on any Pleuralmesothelioma.com page, let us know by sending an email to writer Dr. Snehal Smart.